Arnold Speed & Power Jump Rope Championship
AMJRF CLASSIC FINALS
Welcome ALL! AMJRF has three events at the Arnold Sports Festival at the Greater Columbus Convention Center and Ohio Expo Center & State Fair Grounds in Columbus, OH on March 1 - 3 , 2019.
1. The Arnold Speed & Power Jump Rope Championship offers a unique opportunity with multiple events for experienced and novice jumpers.
2. The AMJRF Classic is a series of six qualifiers held throughout the United States. The AMJRF Classic FINALS will be competed at the Arnold, the top eight competitors overall the AMJRF Classic Qualifiers will compete in a single elimination, bracketed competition with the last jumper declared the AMJRF Classic Series Champion.
3. AMJRF Ropes for Hope offers jump rope for intellectual and physical disability individuals to have the opportunity to learn how to be interactive with a jump rope. Fun challenges will be open for all participants to safely turn, jump, or manipulate a rope.
Jump Rope demonstrations and interactive demonstrations are daily.
Friday, March 1, 2019
AMJRF Ambassador Demonstrations - Greater Columbus Convention Center - Open event for all spectators.
Saturday, March 2, 2019
Arnold Speed & Power Championship - Greater Columbus Convention Center - Registration is required!
AMJRF CLASSIC FINALS - Greater Columbus Convention Center - All athletes must qualify at an AMJRF Classic Series event prior to this event.
- 8:00 am - Doors open & check in begins
- 8:15 am - Coaches & Volunteers (Judges, Pushers, Tabulators) Meeting
- 8:30 am - Arnold Speed & Power Championship Begins
- 11:30 am - Awards
- 12:00 pm - AMJRF Classic Finals check-in
- 12:30 pm - AMJRF Classic Finals Begins
- 5:00 pm - Awards
Arnold Kids Festival - Ohio Expo Center & State Fair Grounds - No registration is required. Open event for all spectators.
- 9:00 - 11:00 am - Interactive Demonstration by AMJRF Ambassadors
- 5:00 - 6:00 pm - Interactive Demonstration by AMJRF Ambassadors
Sunday, March 3, 2019
AMJRF Ropes for Hope - Greater Columbus Convention Center (NEW in 2019) - No registration is required. On site AMJRF Waiver & Release forms will be available.
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am - Interactive Demonstration by AMJRF Ambassadors
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm - AMJRF Ropes for Hope Workshop
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm - AMJRF Ropes for Hope Challenges
- 2:00 - 3:00 pm - Interactive Demonstration by AMJRF Ambassadors
Arnold Kids Festival - Ohio Expo Center & State Fair Grounds - Open event for all spectators.
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm - Interactive Demonstration by AMJRF Ambassadors
- 10:30 am - AMJRF Ambassador Performance on STAGE
- 2:00 - 5:00 pm - Interactive Demonstration by AMJRF Ambassadors
- 4:15 pm - AMJRF Ambassador Performance on STAGE
February 3, 2019: Early registration and payment due.
February 17, 2019: Late registration and payment due.
February 24, 2019: Competition entries registered by coach
* Event shirt is not guaranteed with late registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
AMJRF Speed & Power Championship Athletes/Judges: Sign up here on Wild Apricot after January 1, 2019. Early registration receives a $10 discount towards registration. AMJRF Members receive a $10 discount toward registration. Athletes are encouraged to forward a copy of their registration receipt to their Coach of Record.
Coaches/Team Managers: Register competition entries via WJRF Registration service until February 24, 2019. We will use pre-printed competition sheets for the cattle style competition format.
PAYMENT: Payment can be completed by the athlete, parent, or coach. Choose the option that works best for you. Early payments must be made by February 3, 2019. Late payments must be made by February 17, 2019.
*A 50% refund will be given at least one week prior to the event. No refunds will be given for any reason less than seven days prior to the event. Please submit a medical excuse and refund request to email@example.com.
1. Individual Payment - Athletes may make their registration payment during the online registration by credit card.
2. Team Payment - Coaches or schools may choose to make one payment by credit card after all participants have completed the registration process.
DAY OF EVENT
Event Location: Greater Columbus Convention Center, C150 & C151 Rooms (Conference Level Floor) • 400 N High St, Columbus, OH - NEW LOCATION!
EVENT CHECK IN: Doors open at 8:00 am. No early entry will be allowed, Please enter through the . Coach of Record for teams will pick up the Coach's packet, event shirts, and competition sheets. Parking around the Convention Center is paid parking.
COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS (Judges, pushers, or tabulators) MEETING: Meeting begins at 8:15 am on the competition floor.
- Volunteers need to check in at the registration table to receive a complimentary wristband and name tag to wear during the event.
- All teams are required to have one coach (Coach of Record) represented at the meeting in order to compete. The Coach of record will give last minute information to the athletes and parents.
- All teams are required to have one WJRF certified judge for every 4 jumpers that the team enters into the competition. If you do not have enough judges, plan to provide individuals to help as “pushers" (station organizers) or “tabulators” (score checkers).
- All volunteers must wear black pants, shorts, or a skirt and a black shirt. Please look professional.
Stay warm as you judge! Order your AMJRF black quarter zip today!
Women's AMJRF black quarter zip Click Here
Men's AMJRF black quarter zip Click Here
LUNCHES AND CONCESSIONS: Lunch is on your own. There is a food court and vendors in the convention center. Downtown restaurants are within walking distance.
VENDORS: We will have a variety of jump rope apparel and accessories available for purchase.
AMJRF COMPETITOR ROOM: An AMJRF Competitor room (TBA) will be available to store equipment and lunches during the event. A designated AMJRF Administrator will have a key to allow entrance into this room throughout the day. Please don't leave valuables left unattended at any time.
The ARNOLD SPEED & POWER CHAMPIONSHIP events will use the World Jump Rope Judging Handbook and Competition Rule Book.
Tournament Director: Anita Gabel
International Arnold Classic Chairman: Rochelle Boggs
ARNOLD SPEED & POWER CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS:
- Single Rope Speed (SRS) 1x30 (Novice & Experienced)
- Single Rope Power (SRP) 1x30 (Novice & Experienced)
- Single Rope Speed Relay (SPSR) 4x30
Double Dutch Speed Relay (DDSR) 3x40
Double Dutch Single (DDSS) 1x30
Long Rope Push Ups (LRPU) 1×30 (Novice & Experienced) *
* Novice will have assisted turners for this event.
Age Divisions (As of September 1, 2019)
Individual, Pairs, Relays, and Double Dutch Events
- 14 & under
- 15 - 18
- 19 - 29
- 30 & over **
** Experienced Age Division ONLY
- Male/female for individual events
- Mixed for group events
If there are less than three competitors, the competition committee reserves the right to adjust the age or gender divisions. Coaches will be notified of all adjustments at least two weeks prior to the competition start date .
Top 3 competitors will be recognized for awards based on age and gender divisions.
AMJRF CLASSIC FINALS
- Single Rope Speed (SRS) 1x30
- Single Rope Pairs Power (SRPP) 2x30
- Double Dutch Speed Relay (DDSR) 3x40
- Double Dutch Single (DDSS) 1x30
- Male/female for individual events
- Mixed for group events
AMJRF CLASSIC FINALS events will follow the World Jump Rope Rules of Competition and use the Jump Rope Judge competition app. All scores will be submitted to the AMJRF National Ranking System.
All 1st place champions will receive cash prizes.
- All qualifying jumpers are expected to attend the AMJRF Classic Finals. Entries will only be removed based on extreme situations (injuries and/or family emergencies). Teams will be notified at least one week prior to the AMJRF Finals, if they have been moved up on the leaderboard due to any adjustments caused by these extreme situations.
- No substituations will be allowed.
- Once an athlete(s) have qualified on the leaderboard, please keep your groups competing in future qualifiers with the same group members. This will allow us to avoid having a multiple of groups or athletes qualifying multiple times causing a shift in the leaderboard results.
- All leaderboard qualifiers determined after the last qualifier will be automatically entered into the AMJRF Finals (Free entry).
- The single elimination selection will be based on the final standings on the AMJRF leaderboard.
AMJRF AMBASSADOR DEMONSTRATIONS & INTERACTIVE WORKSHOPS
The AMJRF AMBASSADORS will perform March 1 - 3, 2019 during the Arnold Sports Festival at the Greater Columbus Convention Center & during the Arnold Kids Festival at the Columbus Fair Grounds. Become an AMJRF Ambassador by applying at https://amjrf.wildapricot.org/event-3137168. Once you have been accepted as an AMJRF Ambassador, you will receive the AMJRF Arnold Ambassador application link for detailed information for this event.