2019 Indy Open Jump Rope Tournament
Welcome ALL! Indy Air Bears is hosting the 21st Annual Indy Open on March 16, 2019. All individual and team competitors are invited to participate in this one-day event. Event T-shirt is included with event registration for COMPETITORS only. Pre-paid lunch ($6.50) and extra T-shirt ($15) orders should be placed during registration.
All competitors and volunteers (judges, pushers, and tabulators) need to register online. There is no fee for volunteers. Admission is $5 for spectators.
Saturday, March 16, 2019
- 7:45 am - Doors open & check in begins
- 8:15 am - Coaches & Volunteers (Judges, Pushers, Tabulators) Meeting
- 9:00 am - Competition Begins
- 11:30 am - Lunch Tentative Start
- Award Session 1 Begins immediately following lunch
- Freestyle event competition begins immediately following award session 1
- Award Session 2 Begins after Double Dutch Pairs Freestyle
February 24, 2019: Early registration and payment due. T-shirt is included with early registration.
March 3, 2019: Late registration and payment due. No guarantee of T-shirt with late registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
Athletes/Coaches/Volunteers: Sign up here on Wild Apricot. Early registration receives a $10 discount towards registration. AMJRF Members receive a $10 discount toward registration. Athletes are encouraged to forward a copy of their registration receipt to their Coach of Record. The Coach of Record can register their athletes as a guest but must have the athlete's email address with personal information and take full responsibility for the AMJRF Waiver and Release plus AMJRF Code of Conduct.
Coaches/Team Managers ONLY: Register Competition Entries. Open until March 10, 2019.
The Coach of Record will enter all athletes into their competition events using the online WJRF registration system (see below). We will use pre-printed competition sheets for the heat style competition format.
Payment can be completed by the athlete, parent, coach, or teacher. Choose the option that works best for your team. Early payments must be made by February 24, 2019. Late payments must be made by March 3, 2019.
*A 50% refund will be given at least one week prior to the event. No refunds will be given for any reason less than seven days prior to the event. Please submit a medical excuse and refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Individual Payment - Athletes, coaches, and volunteers must make their registration payment during online registration by credit card.
2. Team Payment - Coaches or schools may choose to make one payment by credit card after all participants have completed the registration process through guest registration. Contact us for assistance.
DAY OF EVENT
Event Location: The Indy Open Jump Rope Tournament on Saturday is located at Franklin Township Comm. School Bldg., 6019 S. Franklin Road, Indianapolis, IN 46259.
EVENT CHECK IN: Doors opens at 7:45 am. No early entry will be allowed. Please enter at the front doors.
Coach of Record will pick up the coach's packet, event shirts, heat sheets, pre-paid lunch tickets, judge's lunch tickets and competition wristbands. Competitors must wear wristbands to be admitted.
Volunteers (Judges/Pushers/Tabulators) must check in at the volunteer table to receive a wristband for free admission. All teams are required to have a least one WJR certified judge for every 4 jumpers. We also request teams to provide volunteer pushers and tabulators. Coaches will notified in advance of those CERTIFIED JUDGES who are scheduled and those JUDGES will receive a ticket for a free lunch. There will be a Volunteer (Judges/Pushers/Tabulator) and Coaches meeting at 8:15 AM.
We offer a wide variety of speed and freestyle events to challenge jump rope competitors. Each competitor can enter each event one time.
Speed & Power
- 1 X 30 Male & Female Single Rope Speed
- 2 X 30 Single rope pairs double unders
- 4 X 30 Speed relay - 4 people jump for 30 sec. each
- 3 X 40 DD single speed - each person jumpers 40 sec.
- 2 x 60 DD pairs speed - 2 people jump one min. each
- 1 X 60 DD double unders - one person jumps one min.
- Male & Female Single Rope Freestyle 45 to 75 sec.
- Pairs Freestyle 45 to 75 sec.
- Two wheel Freestyle 45 to 75 sec.
- Team Freestyle - 4 people 45 to 75 sec. (with music)
- Double Dutch Single Freestyle - 3 people 45 to 75 sec.
- Double Dutch Pairs Freestyle - 4 people 45 to 75 sec.
Age Divisions (As of September 1, 2019)
- 10 & under
- 13 & 14
- 15 & 16
- 17 & over
Pairs, Relays, and Double Dutch Events
- 12 & under
- 13 & 14
- 15 & 16
- 17 & over
- Male or female for individual events
- Mixed for pairs and group events
If there are less than three competitors or teams entered for any event, the competition committee reserves the right to adjust the age divisions. Coaches will be notified at least two weeks prior to the competition start date.
Ribbons are awarded for 1st - 4th place in each age/gender division for each event.
Traditional competition events will follow the 2019 World Jump Rope Judges Handbook, the Rules of Competition. Judges must have a current WJRF certification. This competition will follow the World Jump Rope Competition rule book, which can be found at http://worldjumprope.org/competition-2/rulebook/. Judges should wear white shirts and black pants.
Additional Event Information
Admission: Spectators will be charge $5 for the day and given a wristband at the door. Children under 5 are free if accompanied by an adult. No baby strollers are allowed at the event. All volunteers and judges assigned will gain access to the event by receiving a complimentary entrance wristband. Competitors will receive a wristband in the Coaches Packet.
***Please share this information with your team parents/volunteers/fans!
Warm up area: The warm up area is in the auxiliary gym. Please do not leave any jumpers unattended in the warm up gym to ensure we maintain a safe environment.
Airport Information: Arrive at Indianapolis, IN Airport (IND). You can get an uber to the hotel near our event.
Lodging: Please reserve your hotel rooms as soon as possible. Visit the team website for hotel information at www.indyairbears.org
Lunches and Concessions: All pre-paid lunches are $6.50 and will include Chick-fil-A nuggets, chips, cookie, fruit, and drink. Payment for those lunches must be made with registration. Coaches will have pre-paid lunch tickets in coaches packet. There will be a concession stand with pizza, nachos, drinks, and snacks for purchase.