2019 Oregon Coast Classic Jump Rope Tournament
Welcome ALL! Tsunami Skippers Jump Rope Team are hosting the 6th Annual Oregon Coast Classic on April 27, 2019. All individual and team competitors are invited to participate in this one-day event. Event T-shirt ($25) orders should be placed during registration no later than April 14th.
All competitors and volunteers (judges, pushers, and tabulators) need to register online. There is no fee for volunteers. Admission is FREE.
Saturday, April 27, 2019
- 8:00 am - Doors open & check in begins
- 8:30 am - Coaches & Volunteers (Judges, Pushers, Tabulators) Meeting
- 9:00 am - Competition Begins
- Lunch will follow final speed event
- Awards will follow final freestyle event
March 31, 2019: Early registration and payment due.
April 14, 2019: Late registration and payment due.
April 21, 2019: Competition event registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
Athletes/Coaches/Volunteers: Sign up here on Wild Apricot. AMJRF Members receive a $10 discount toward registration. Athletes are encouraged to forward a copy of their registration receipt to their Coach of Record. The Coach of Record can register their athletes as a guest but must have the athlete's email address with personal information and take full responsibility for the AMJRF Waiver and Release plus AMJRF Code of Conduct.
Coaches/Team Managers ONLY: Register Competition Entries in WJRF Registration Service. Open until April 21, 2019.
The Coach of Record will enter all athletes into their competition events using the online WJRF registration system (see below). We will use cattle style for all speed events pre-printed competition sheets for the heat style competition for freestyle event.
Payment can be completed by the athlete, parent, coach, or teacher. Choose the option that works best for your team. Payments must be made by April 14, 2019.
*A 50% refund will be given at least one week prior to the event. No refunds will be given for any reason less than seven days prior to the event. Please submit a medical excuse and refund request to email@example.com.
1. Individual Payment - Athletes, coaches, and volunteers must make their registration payment during online registration by credit card.
2. Team Payment - Coaches or schools may choose to make one payment by credit card after all participants have completed the registration process through guest registration. Contact us for assistance.
DAY OF EVENT
Event Location: The Oregon Coast Classic on Saturday is located at Seaside High School, 1901 N. Holladay Dr., Seaside, OR 97138.
EVENT CHECK IN: Doors opens at 8:00 am. No early entry will be allowed. Please enter at the front doors.
Coach of Record will pick up the coach's packet, event shirts & heat sheets. All teams are required to have a least one WJRF certified judge for every 4 jumpers in both Speed and Freestyle Events. We also request teams to provide volunteer pushers and tabulators. Coaches will notified in advance of those CERTIFIED JUDGES who are scheduled. There will be a Volunteer (Judges/Pushers/Tabulator) and Coaches meeting at 8:30 AM.
We offer a wide variety of speed and freestyle events to challenge jump rope competitors. Each competitor can enter each event one time.
Speed & Power
- 1 X 30 Male & Female Single Rope Speed
- 1 X 180 Male & Female Single Rope Speed (Only 1 competitor per age group, per team)
- 2 X 30 Single rope pairs double unders
- 4 X 30 Speed relay - 4 people jump for 30 sec. each
- 3 X 40 DD single speed - each person jumpers 40 sec.
- 2 x 60 DD pairs speed - 2 people jump one min. each
- Male & Female Single Rope Freestyle 45 to 75 sec.
- Pairs Freestyle 45 to 75 sec.
- Two wheel Freestyle 45 to 75 sec.
- Double Dutch Single Freestyle - 3 people 45 to 75 sec.
- Double Dutch Pairs Freestyle - 4 people 45 to 75 sec.
- Fusion (DDC)
Age Divisions (As of September 1, 2019)
- 8 & under
- 9 - 10
- 11 - 12
- 13 - 14
- 15 - 17
- 18 & over
Pairs, Relays, and Double Dutch Events
- 10 & under
- 11 - 12
- 13 - 14
- 15 - 17
- 18 & over
- Male or female for individual events
- Mixed for pairs and group events
If there are less than three competitors or teams entered for any event, the competition committee reserves the right to adjust the age divisions. Coaches will be notified at least two weeks prior to the competition start date.
Ribbons are awarded for 1st - 5th place in each age/gender division for each event.
Traditional competition events will follow the 2019 World Jump Rope Judges Handbook, the Rules of Competition. Judges must have a current WJRF certification. This competition will follow the World Jump Rope Competition rule book, which can be found at http://worldjumprope.org/competition-2/rulebook/. Judges should wear a plain white shirt (with no logos representing any team) and khaki or tan colored pants, shorts or a skirt.
Additional Event Information
Admission: Spectators will be admitted FREE for the day.
***Please share this information with your team parents/volunteers/fans!
Warm up area: The warm up area is in the upstairs gym. Please do not leave any jumpers unattended in the warm up gym to ensure we maintain a safe environment.
Airport Information: Arrive at Portland, Oregon (PDX). You can get an uber to the hotel near our event.
Lodging: Please reserve your hotel rooms as soon as possible. Visit the team website for hotel information at www.tsunamiskippers.com or contact Stacey Dundas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunches and Concessions: There will be a concession stand with pulled pork sandwiches, clam chowder bowls, donuts, drinks, and lots of snacks for purchase.