Tournament of Champions 2019
Welcome ALL! Hot Dog USA is hosting the Tournament of Champions 2019 on May 18, 2019. All individual and team competitors are invited to participate in this one-day event. Pre-paid lunch ($9.25 or $9.75) and T-shirt ($25) orders are available.
All competitors and volunteers (judges, pushers, and tabulators) need to register online. There is no fee for volunteers. Admission is FREE.
Saturday, May 18, 2019
- 7:45 am - Doors open & check in begins
- 8:30 am - Coaches & Volunteers (Judges, Pushers, Tabulators) Meeting
- 9:00 am - Competition Begins
- 10:30 am - Lunch Delivery
- Freestyle events
- Senior Recognition
April 28, 2019: Early registration and payment due, and deadline for t-shirt and lunch orders.
May 5, 2019: Late registration and payment due.
May 12, 2019: Competition entries due.
HOW TO REGISTER
Athletes/Coaches/Volunteers: Sign up here on Wild Apricot. AMJRF Members receive a $10 discount toward registration. Athletes are encouraged to forward a copy of their registration receipt to their Coach of Record. The Coach of Record can register their athletes as a guest but must have the athlete's email address with personal information and take full responsibility for the AMJRF Waiver and Release plus AMJRF Code of Conduct.
Coaches/Team Managers ONLY: http://registration.worldjumprope.org/event/dashboard/1071
Coaches please email your list of volunteers, judges, tabulators and data entry to Brian Hsu at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Coach of Record will enter all athletes into their competition events using the online WJRF registration system (see below). We will use pre-printed competition sheets for the heat style competition format.
Payment can be completed by the athlete, parent, coach, or teacher. Choose the option that works best for your team. Early payments must be made by April 28, 2019. Late payments must be made by May 5, 2019.
*A 50% refund will be given at least one week prior to the event. No refunds will be given for any reason less than seven days prior to the event. Please submit a medical excuse and refund request to email@example.com.
1. Individual Payment - Athletes, coaches, and volunteers must make their registration payment during online registration by credit card.
2. Team Payment - Coaches or schools may choose to make one payment by credit card after all participants have completed the registration process through guest registration. Contact us for assistance.
DAY OF EVENT
Event Location: The Tournament of Champions 2019 on Saturday is located at Kamiakin Middle School, 14111 132nd Avenue NE., Kirkland, WA 98034.
EVENT CHECK IN: Doors opens at 7:45 am. No early entry will be allowed. Please enter at the front doors.
Coach of Record will pick up the coach's packet and heat sheets. Competitors must wear wristbands to be admitted.
Volunteers (Judges/Pushers/Tabulators) All teams are required to have a least one WJR certified judge for every 4 jumpers. We also request teams to provide volunteer pushers and tabulators. Coaches will notified in advance of those CERTIFIED JUDGES who are scheduled and those JUDGES will receive a ticket for a free lunch. There will be a Volunteer (Judges/Pushers/Tabulator) and Coaches meeting at 8:30 AM.
We offer a wide variety of speed and freestyle events to challenge jump rope competitors. Each competitor can enter each event one time.
Speed & Power
- 1 X 30 Male & Female Single Rope Speed
- 2 X 30 Single Rope Pairs Double Unders
- 4 X 30 Speed Relay - 4 people jump for 30 sec. each
- 3 X 40 DD Single Speed - each person jumpers 40 sec.
- 2 x 60 DD Pairs Speed - 2 people jump one min. each
- Male & Female Single Rope Freestyle 45 to 75 sec.
- Pairs Freestyle 45 to 75 sec.
- Two Wheel Freestyle 45 to 75 sec.
- Team Freestyle - 4 people 45 to 75 sec. (with music)
- Double Dutch Single Freestyle - 3 people 45 to 75 sec.
- Double Dutch Pairs Freestyle - 4 people 45 to 75 sec.
- Fusion - 3 min (with music)
Age Divisions (As of September 1, 2019)
Standard Age Divisions
- 8 & under
- 10 & under
- 11 & 12
- 13 & 14
- 15 - 17
- 18 & over
- 30 & over
*Individual events will include Novice categories.
Fusion Age Divisions
- 12 & under
- 16 & under
- Senior Open
- Male or female for individual events
- Mixed for pairs and group events
If there are less than three competitors or teams entered for any event, the competition committee reserves the right to adjust the age divisions. Coaches will be notified at least two weeks prior to the competition start date.
Ribbons are awarded:
1st - 3rd place for 15 years and older
1st - 5th place for 14 years and younger
Traditional competition events will follow the 2019 World Jump Rope Judges Handbook, the Rules of Competition. Judges must have a current WJRF certification. This competition will follow the World Jump Rope Competition rule book, which can be found at http://worldjumprope.org/competition-2/rulebook/. Judges should wear a plain white shirt (no logos representing any team) and khaki or tan colored pants, shorts, or a skirt.
Additional Event Information
Admission: Free admission to all spectators.
***Please share this information with your team parents/volunteers/fans!
Warm up area: The warm up area is behind the bleachers. Please do not leave any jumpers unattended in the warm up gym to ensure we maintain a safe environment.
Airport Information: Arrive at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) in Seattle, WA. You can get an Uber to the hotel near our event.
Lodging: Please reserve your hotel rooms by April 26th. We have reserved a block of rooms at the Marriott Courtyard at a reduced rate. Please make a reservation with the link below:
Hotel Reservation Link Click Here
Lunches/T-shirts and Concessions: All pre-paid Potbelly Deli lunches and event t-shirts are available. Please use the TOC Pot Belly Deli Lunch & T-shirt Order Form below. Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2019.
TOC Pot Belly Deli Lunch and T-shirt Order Form Click Here
- Boxed lunches ($9.25) include lay's potato chips, 2 mini cookies and a bottle of water. All sandwiches (turkey, roast beef, ham, or mediterranean veggie) are topped with lettuce, tomato and mayo on the side.
- Salad lunch ($9.75) includes bottle of water and dressing on the side. Uptown chicken or mediterranean chicken salad is available.
AMJRF shirt orders will be placed during the online registration. All shirts will be shipped to the event director or to those that placed an order. Profits will support the AMJRF Scholarship Fund.
There will be a concession stand with pizza for purchase starting at 11:00 am. A variety of snacks, muffins, beverages, and coffee (morning ONLY) available for purchase.