Welcome ALL! Foothill Force is hosting the West Coast Open on Sunday, November 3, 2019. All individual and team competitors are invited to participate in this one-day event. This event will be a National Ranking event for all athletes that would like to compete for a spot on the US National Team. An additional fee will be added to each registration based on the number of events that are to be certified. An optional event shirt and lunch will be available during registration.
All competitors and volunteers (judges, pushers, runner, floor manager, and tabulators) need to register online. Judges need to register by October 13, 2019 for judge verification. There is no registration fee for judges or volunteers. Free Admission for spectators.
Group: $5 / jumper
Group: $10 / jumper
Event Shirt - $10
AMJRF Shirt - $20
Sunday, November 3, 2019
- 7:30 am - Doors open & check in begins
- 7:45 am - Coaches & Volunteers (Judges, Pushers, Tabulators) Meeting
- 8:00 am - Competition Begins
- 11:30 am - Lunch Tentative Start
- Award Session 1 Begins immediately following lunch
- Freestyle event competition begins immediately following award session 1
- Award Session 2 Begins after Double Dutch Pairs Freestyle
Sunday, October 13, 2019: Registration and payment due. Order event t-shirt by this date to guarantee your order.
Sunday, October 27, 2019: Registration competition entries due.
HOW TO REGISTER
Athletes/Coaches/Volunteers: Sign up here on Wild Apricot. Early registration receives a $10 discount towards registration. AMJRF Members receive a $10 discount toward registration. Registration will open on Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
1. Individual Registration - Athletes that register individually are encouraged to forward a copy of their registration receipt to their Coach of Record. AMJRF Members must use the email associated with their AMJRF Membership. All athletes that would like to be considered for the 2020 National Ranking must be AMJRF Members.
2. Team Registration - The Coach of Record can register their team using guest registration. First, choose an athlete from your team. Remember, AMJRF Members must use their email associated with their AMJRF Membership. After the first registration is complete, choose "Guest" and enter in additional athletes. The packages must be all the same for anyone under the guest registration option. Team Registration requires the Coach of Record to take full responsibility for the AMJRF Waiver and Release and AMJRF Code of Conduct of each competitor.
Coaches/Team Managers ONLY: Competition entry registration will open on Sunday, September 1, 2019 and close on Sunday, October 27, 2019. The Coach of Record will enter all athletes into their competition events using the online WJRF registration system. We will use pre-printed competition sheets for the heat style competition format.
Payment can be completed by the athlete, parent, coach, or teacher based on the registration option chosen. All registrations are paid by credit card or debit card during online registration. Payments must be made by Sunday, October 27, 2019.
1. Individual Payment - . All individual registrants will receive a receipt by email. Remember to forward a copy of the receipt to your Coach of Record.
2. Team Payment - Coaches or schools may choose to make one payment by credit card after the Coach or Record or Team Manager has completed the Team Registration of all participants using the guest registration option.
*A 50% refund will be given at least one week prior to the event. No refunds will be given for any reason less than seven days prior to the event. Please submit a medical excuse and refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DAY OF EVENT
Event Location: The West Coast Open on Sunday is located at 4463 Oak Grove Drive, La Canada, CA 91011 in the South Gym.
EVENT CHECK IN: Doors opens at 7:30 am. No early entry will be allowed. Please enter at the front doors.
Coach of Record will pick up the coach's packet (heat sheets, pre-paid lunch tickets, and judge's lunch tickets) and pre-ordered event shirts.
Volunteers (Judges/Pushers/Tabulators) must check in at the volunteer table. All teams are required to have a least one WJRF certified judge for every 4 jumpers. We also request teams to provide additional volunteers as pushers, runners, floor managers, and tabulators. Coaches must monitor that all judges have registered by October 13, 2019. We will be doing judge verification with WJRF for this event. All JUDGES will receive a FREE lunch ticket. There will be a Coaches and Volunteer (Judges/Pushers/Tabulator) meeting at 7:45 AM.
We offer a wide variety of speed and freestyle events to challenge jump rope competitors. Each competitor can enter each event one time. All National Ranking Events will be contested as a West Coast Open event.
Speed & Power
- 1 X 30 Male & Female Single Rope Speed *
- 1x180 Male & Female Single Rope Speed *
- 2 X 30 Single rope pairs double unders *
- 4 X 30 Speed relay - 4 people jump for 30 sec. each *
- 4 X 30 DD single speed - each person jumpers 30 sec. *
- 1 x 60 DD pairs speed - 1 person jumps one min. speed *
- Male & Female Single Rope Freestyle 45 to 75 sec. *
- Pairs Freestyle 45 to 75 sec. *
- Two Wheel Freestyle 45 to 75 sec. *
- Team Freestyle - 4 people 45 to 75 sec. (with music) *
- Double Dutch Single Freestyle - 3 people 45 to 75 sec. *
- Double Dutch Pairs Freestyle - 4 people 45 to 75 sec. *
* National Ranking Event - Participants must be an additional fee to have scores certified.
Age Divisions (As of September 1, 2020)
- 10 & under
- 11 & 12
- 13 & 14
- 15 - 17
- 18 & over
Pairs, Relays, and Double Dutch Events
- 12 & under
- 13 & 14
- 15 - 17
- 18 & over
- Male or female for individual events
- Mixed for pairs and group events
If there are less than three competitors or teams entered for any event, the competition committee reserves the right to adjust the age divisions. Coaches will be notified at least two weeks prior to the competition start date with any adjustment information.
Ribbons are awarded in each age/gender division for each event.
Traditional competition events will follow the 2019 World Jump Rope (WJR) Rules of Competition. Judges must have WJR certification. Please contact email@example.com for access to the online learning portal. Because WJR is phasing out, Valerie will be able to give you special access to their old training portal. Judges and volunteers should wear black shirts and black pants.
Additional Event Information
FREE Admission: No food is allowed in the gym. Lunch will be outside. All judges assigned will receive a complimentary lunch ticket.
***Please share this information with your team parents/volunteers/fans!
Warm up area: The warm up area is next to the gym. Please do not leave any jumpers unattended in the warm up gym to ensure we maintain a safe environment.
Airport Information: Arrive at Burbank (BUR) or Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). You can get an uber to our event.
Lodging: Please reserve your hotel rooms at your own expense.
Lunches and Concessions: All pre-paid lunches are $7.00 and will include a sandwich (turkey, roast beef or veggie), water, and dessert. We will have healthy snacks and drinks at concessions.